Sunday, December 10, 2006

Leaving For Japan...

A few days ago, I was listening to a few soundtracks on my computer when I stumbled over a little song that had some groove in it. Feeling the groove, I decided to shake my head to the beat. But while I was shaking my head, I felt my heavy hair crashing over my head time after time. For those who haven't seen me for quite some time, I looked like a cast away without a beard. I was able to insert my side burns into my ears.

So today, I decided to do something I wanted to save for the end of the year.



After 2 and a half months, I decided to cut my hair.



So I went to the usual $10 shop just near by at Bukit Panjang Plaza. And I don't know about you guys, but I actually find the barber shop to be one of the best places to get a facial massage. I mean, think about it...

(Spanish Accent)
You pass the lady with the enormous hair-do your card, and she sits you down onto a small blue leather chair. She lightly strangles your neck with a long but soft tissue and covers the rest of your body with an apron the size of Alaska. By now, you can only see a floating head in the mirror. You think to yourself, "Man, that head is ugly!". Then the lady, who somehow read your mind, points to a poster on the wall towards your right and says, "Ah boy, wo yong na ge hairstyle gei ni, oh?" You look at the poster and imagine your face transplanted onto the picture. Satisfied with the thought, you nod your head in agreement, only giving one condition that she doesn't snip off the side burns. And that's when the lady mysteriously yanks out two scissors from the air.

She then performs a lively salsa with her fingers on your head, giving a melodic rhythm with the snips. Forbidden to move your head by a single millimeter, you watch the Tango de Los Dedos through the mirror in front of you, watching as her fingers toss those overgrown hairs on your head around. They start from the back of the head, then slowly, but surely, they come towards the frindge. Once they arrive there, you instinctively close your eyes with such drama falling in front of you. Then suddenly, the snipping stops.

You open your eyes to look if the performance was over, only to find that Act 2 was just about to begin. The lady reaches towards the shelf next to the mirror and opens a box, taking out...

...A Shaver.

With just one simple swift movement of her hand, the motor switches on, giving off vibration sounds similar to the ones the P.U.B. patrol boats give while travelling around MacRitchie. Slowly, she brings the contraption towards your sideburns, making sure she only touches the Canopy of your Tropical Hairforest. You sit frostifely still, knowing fearfully well that the slightest of movements could possibly mean the loss of an earlobe. After a minute or two, she brings the shaver away from your head, both of you content that it's all over. With relieved hands, the lady places the shaver back into the steriliser.

Then here comes the fun part! The lady reaches next to the steriliser, into a secret compartment of the shelf. Giving a couple of yanks, she suddenly yanks out a black and lengthy tenticle! The tenticle screams loudly for hairs to eat, yelling with desparate hunger. From the corner of your eyes, you take a glimpse of the wigling creature. It was certainly what you thought it was. It was the scalp vacumm cleaner.

The lady, courageously grasping onto the neck of the beast, positions its mouth over my head. With full delight, the tentacle sucks up all the hair that was snipped of due to the vigorous dancing. The feeling of the brushes carrest your skin tickles with joy. But the sad thing, though, is that as everyone knows, the best is always saved for last.

After being cleared up, the lady places back the vacuum onto the shelf and takes out a propper brush, stroking your face with an extremely thin layer of powder. She then does a few more minor proceedures while slowly removing the apron. Looking at the new you, then looking at the poster, then lookig back at you again, she wonders why she feels that something is missing. In a sudden snap, a lightbulb appears out of nowhere and lights up above her head. She reaches into one of the pockets in her apron and pulls out a flask spray full of water. Shooting with it at your head the same way an assasin would with a gun towards Abraham Lincoln, she sprinkes the head with a large cloud of mist. Then she slings out a comb and guides your newly transformed hair to the perfect directions.

And as a finishing gift, she slides the comb into a small and neat plastic bag and hands it over to you bowing 45 degrees down. Feeling thankfully satisfied with her work of art, you bow back at her and take the comb, then saying a simple, " Xie xie, auntie. Zai jian.", you turn away, smelling of Kodomo Baby Powder, ready to show the world what good a masterpiece a simple old lady had just done to you.


(Normal accent)
Ah well, from the Midnight after today, I'll be going to Japan for 1.5 weeks! "...And The Land of Rising Sun..." (Shushi... Shashimi... Samurais... Atomic Bombs...) Just pray for me that Japan doesn't Sink... :P

When I come back, I'll tell ya all about it, continue my sermon and maybe even have another quiz...

See y'all! Sionara! And God Bless!!! =)

No comments: